The show went on for the Spanish star after he sliced his hand open by grabbing hold of a drone in Tijuana in front of 12,000 fans last weekend.
Assistants advised Iglesias, 40, to stop the show but he performed for half an hour longer with a bandaged hand and a T-shirt that was covered in blood stains by the time he finally bowed out.
The heartthrob was met by an ambulance after being rushed to the airport and met a specialist in LA to examine his injury.
The Plaza de Toros de Playas concert venue was packed with revellers for his Sex and Love World Tour, many of whom praised the ‘professionalism’ of the singer for continuing his act.
He was just 50 minutes into the performance, singing ‘Escape’ when he seized the drone to give the audience a view of themselves, but the blades caught his hand causing the injury.
The next stop on the tour is Mexico City, provided he makes a full recovery.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25