THE luxury villa of disgraced boxer Scott Harrison has been left ruined by mystery assailants.
Police are investigating vandalism at the former world champion’s €450,000 Alhaurin el Grande property which has been bricked up after being looted and vandalised.
Thieves have even stolen the controversial Scottish star’s front gate and the handrailing for a staircase, as well as wood from a pergola.
On the run from Spain’s authorities for three years before his extradition on Thursday, the 37-year-old boxer clearly made one or two enemies while in Andalucia.
Fleeing to Scotland in 2012, after being given a four year jail term for assaulting three men in a Malaga brothel, Harrison had avoided extradition until last week.
In his absence his dream home in the Guadalhorce Valley has been left to rot and a neighbour told the Olive Press that the bank are now repossessing the property.
Despite Spanish prosecutors continually demanding his extradition, Scottish authorities resisted to hand him over until an European Arrest Warrant was granted last week.
A Spanish prosecutor appealed for his extradition as recently as March this year.
In and out of prison for the best part of a decade, the ‘Scottish Raging Bull’ previously served a two-and-a-half year sentence for assaulting a police officer with an ashtray in Alhaurin in 2009.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36