A TWO-WEEK-OLD striped dolphin separated from its mother has been rescued off the Gibraltar coast .
The calf was spotted in shallow waters by a Waterport Terraces resident near Marina Bay and taken back to sea by rescue services.
But the distressed dolphin returned shortly afterwards and was grounded on Western Beach.
Concerned passers-by attended to the baby mammal and contacted the rescue service (ERPU) once more.
Fortunately a pod of striped dolphins was found in the bay and the calf was released among the group.
It has not been seen since and the ERPU are continuing to monitor the area.
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58