GIBRALTAR Gaels have gone top of the Andalucian Gaelic football league with back-to-back victories against Costa Gaels and Eire Og Seville.
Earlier in the day, hosts Costa Gaels got their first victory of the season with a comprehensive ten point win against the Sevillian outfit at Marbella Rugby Club.
It was Eire Og Seville’s first defeat of the season, which was quickly followed by their second after a dominant showing from the Gibraltar side.
The Gibraltar Gaels were also too strong for the men from the Costa del Sol. Despite a late debut goal from Olive Press reporter Rob Horgan, the red and whites ran out comfortable victors.
The day also featured Andalucia’s first ever women’s game, with Sevilla claiming victory over the Costa Gaels by a single goal.
• To get involved email email@example.com
Costa Gaels 5-2 (17) vs Eire Og Seville 1-4 (7)
Gibraltar Gaels 3-7 (16) vs Costa Gaels 2-0 (6)
Gibraltar Gaels 3-6 (15) vs Eire Og Seville 1-3 (6)
Eire Og Seville 3-3 (12) vs Costa Gaels 2-3 (9)
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36