COSTA del Sol conman Nigel Goldman has been handed a 12-month suspended sentence and placed under house curfew.
The convicted fraudster will also have to wear an electronic tag after being sentenced at Reading Crown Court on two counts of fraud.
Goldman, 58, who has changed his name to Howard del Monte, presented medical evidence claiming to be suffering from diabetes, lymphedema and depression.
A vicitim of Goldmans described him as ‘a disgusting character’.
“As an advert for a life of crime, it’s not a great one,” the victim told the Olive Press.
“The judge ripped him apart, telling him he was completely dishonest.
“He said he was only going to give him this second chance because of his medical records.”
Goldman, is forced to remain in his housing association flat with girlfriend Suzanne Couling from 8pm until 8am for 15 months during the curfew or face jail.
He has been forced to surrender his passport and a schedule of his assets will be made by the authorities.
The disgraced conman was found to have defrauded online shoppers out of more than €10,000 in an eBay scam.
“He is finished now,” said the victim.
“He is coming up to 6o years old and will never be able to commit another fraud.
“The authorities are keeping a very close eye on him.”
It is understood Goldman failed to attend a court appearance in Marbella this week over a massive Ponzi-type scheme in Spain.
He had been ordered to attend the ‘investigations hearing’ on January 5 and is now likely to be issued with a warrant for his arrest.
Dozens of expat victims claim to have lost up to €3 million in a series of elaborate investment scams.
The hearing was rapidly organised after Spanish website El Confidencial poured scorn on how it could have taken over two years to even get an initial hearing for the victims.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00