POLICE and town hall sources have denied all knowledge of an alleged gang rape of a British teenager by a Moroccan gang on the Costa del Sol.
The incident, that is believed to have taken place just over a week ago, left the girl allegedly needing hospital treatment and badly shaken.
The 18-year-old was allegedly dragged into a car behind the Mercadona supermarket in Sabinillas, between Marbella and Sotogrande, on the Costa del Sol.
A friend of the girl tipped off the Olive Press in tears, recounting how she was walking home after getting out of a taxi around midnight.
She said: “I hope the police catch these men and they get what they deserve.”
“They are the lowest of the low.”
The local girl, who refused to give her name, claimed police were investigating a group of Morrocan men.
However, no-one in the local expat community in the area is able to pinpoint any more details, and neither Manilva town hall nor the local police have been able to shed light on the alleged incident.
The friend claimed the attack had happened after she was approached by a group of ‘Morrocan-looking men’ and first dragged into a doorway before being taken to a car where she was sexually abused.
One local British expat, who insisted on remaining anonymous, claimed that her son had told her about the incident a week ago.
The woman said: “He told me she was dragged into a car by the post office opposite the supermarket and that her injuries were severe and she had to go to hospital,” she said.
“I need to find out from him a few more details about who it happened to and why.”
Other expats put similar comments on a local Facebook group.
Meanwhile, a source at Manilva town hall confirmed they were looking into the incident.
“The problem is, neither the local police nor Guardia Civil seem to know about it, but we are all trying to establish what did, or did not, happen,” said the source.
“Perhaps it was reported to the National Police.”
Local police officially denied all knowledge of the case while the Guardia Civil said: “We are aware of a local newspaper article reporting the gang rape, but are not aware of any such incident taking place recently.”
“I have made check calls to investigators but am drawing a blank.”
A worker at the Mercadona where the alleged incident took place said: “The Guardia Civil station is right near us and I’d expect to have seen officers in here making inquiries if there’d been an incident like this.
“But no-one’s been in. The only reason I know about this is because a customer came in this morning saying he’d read something in the paper.”
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36