POLICE and town hall sources have denied all knowledge of an alleged gang rape of a British teenager by a Moroccan gang on the Costa del Sol.
The incident, that is believed to have taken place just over a week ago, left the girl allegedly needing hospital treatment and badly shaken.
The 18-year-old was allegedly dragged into a car behind the Mercadona supermarket in Sabinillas, between Marbella and Sotogrande, on the Costa del Sol.
A friend of the girl tipped off the Olive Press in tears, recounting how she was walking home after getting out of a taxi around midnight.
She said: “I hope the police catch these men and they get what they deserve.”
“They are the lowest of the low.”
The local girl, who refused to give her name, claimed police were investigating a group of Morrocan men.
However, no-one in the local expat community in the area is able to pinpoint any more details, and neither Manilva town hall nor the local police have been able to shed light on the alleged incident.
The friend claimed the attack had happened after she was approached by a group of ‘Morrocan-looking men’ and first dragged into a doorway before being taken to a car where she was sexually abused.
One local British expat, who insisted on remaining anonymous, claimed that her son had told her about the incident a week ago.
The woman said: “He told me she was dragged into a car by the post office opposite the supermarket and that her injuries were severe and she had to go to hospital,” she said.
“I need to find out from him a few more details about who it happened to and why.”
Other expats put similar comments on a local Facebook group.
Meanwhile, a source at Manilva town hall confirmed they were looking into the incident.
“The problem is, neither the local police nor Guardia Civil seem to know about it, but we are all trying to establish what did, or did not, happen,” said the source.
“Perhaps it was reported to the National Police.”
Local police officially denied all knowledge of the case while the Guardia Civil said: “We are aware of a local newspaper article reporting the gang rape, but are not aware of any such incident taking place recently.”
“I have made check calls to investigators but am drawing a blank.”
A worker at the Mercadona where the alleged incident took place said: “The Guardia Civil station is right near us and I’d expect to have seen officers in here making inquiries if there’d been an incident like this.
“But no-one’s been in. The only reason I know about this is because a customer came in this morning saying he’d read something in the paper.”
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00