A TRIP to the bullring was a perhaps predictable way for Spain’s former king to celebrate his first trip to Sevilla in eight years.
And the three bullfighters, Enrique Ponce, Jose Maria Manzanares and Peruvian Andres Roca Rey, celebrated the royal presence by dedicating their performances to Juan Carlos senior.
Juan Carlos, his daughter Infanta Elena and his granddaughter Victoria Federica presided over events from the royal gallery in his first trip to the iconic Maestranza bullring since 2008.
The king – who was visiting for the city’s annual Feria de Abril – inaugurated a statue of his mother on the Paseo de Colon.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25