THE leader of the Junta is to be grilled over her involvement in the billion euro Operation Edu scandal.
Both Susana Diaz and her husband have been ‘implicated’ in the massive fraud that saw billions poured into bogus training schemes that did not exist.
The PP is now demanding her resignation, after she was ordered to explain her links to some of the courses that were set up and administered by the UGT trade union.
In particular, she is to be probed on May 31 over her husband Jose Maria Moriche’s role at the Institute of Training and Social Studies (IFES), which administered various courses now under investigation.
His name is clearly visible in one document connected to a suspected €8 million fraud in which the UGT allegedly diverted funds through false invoices and other irregularities.
Meanwhile, her signature has appeared in documents linked to setting up training centres in ‘friendly’ left-wing town halls around the region.
“There is more than one element that implicates Diaz,” insisted PP deputy Teresa Ruiz-Sillero.
“This cost all Andalucians a lot of money.
“What Diaz is trying to do is what she always does – to cheat.”
The PP is also angry that Diaz’s PSOE party is ‘hiding’ information and has dragged its heels over sending key documents to police.
“They are sending documents that have no relevance and withholding others. This is fraud,” continued Ruiz.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00