A TEENAGER is lucky to be alive after having his throat slit at his end of year prom.
The school leaver was rushed to the Regional Hospital of Axarquia after losing ‘litres of blood’.
The wound only missed the victim’s carotid artery by two centimetres.
Witnesses say an altercation arose after the victim accidentally brushed the arm of the 18-year-old assailant while dancing.
A teacher who witnessed the incident said the attacker then challenged the victim to a fight.
CCTV footage shows the 17-year-old being pushed and shoved.
The attacker is then seen looking into the camera before allegedly carrying out the attack out of view.
A waiter rushed to the victim’s aid and used his shirt to apply pressure to the wound, keeping him alive until the ambulance arrived.
The assailant fled the scene on a motorbike but has now been issued a restraining order and charged with causing serious bodily harm.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15