A TEENAGER is lucky to be alive after having his throat slit at his end of year prom.
The school leaver was rushed to the Regional Hospital of Axarquia after losing ‘litres of blood’.
The wound only missed the victim’s carotid artery by two centimetres.
Witnesses say an altercation arose after the victim accidentally brushed the arm of the 18-year-old assailant while dancing.
A teacher who witnessed the incident said the attacker then challenged the victim to a fight.
CCTV footage shows the 17-year-old being pushed and shoved.
The attacker is then seen looking into the camera before allegedly carrying out the attack out of view.
A waiter rushed to the victim’s aid and used his shirt to apply pressure to the wound, keeping him alive until the ambulance arrived.
The assailant fled the scene on a motorbike but has now been issued a restraining order and charged with causing serious bodily harm.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33