A TEENAGER is lucky to be alive after having his throat slit at his end of year prom.
The school leaver was rushed to the Regional Hospital of Axarquia after losing ‘litres of blood’.
The wound only missed the victim’s carotid artery by two centimetres.
Witnesses say an altercation arose after the victim accidentally brushed the arm of the 18-year-old assailant while dancing.
A teacher who witnessed the incident said the attacker then challenged the victim to a fight.
CCTV footage shows the 17-year-old being pushed and shoved.
The attacker is then seen looking into the camera before allegedly carrying out the attack out of view.
A waiter rushed to the victim’s aid and used his shirt to apply pressure to the wound, keeping him alive until the ambulance arrived.
The assailant fled the scene on a motorbike but has now been issued a restraining order and charged with causing serious bodily harm.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26