A TEENAGER is lucky to be alive after having his throat slit at his end of year prom.
The school leaver was rushed to the Regional Hospital of Axarquia after losing ‘litres of blood’.
The wound only missed the victim’s carotid artery by two centimetres.
Witnesses say an altercation arose after the victim accidentally brushed the arm of the 18-year-old assailant while dancing.
A teacher who witnessed the incident said the attacker then challenged the victim to a fight.
CCTV footage shows the 17-year-old being pushed and shoved.
The attacker is then seen looking into the camera before allegedly carrying out the attack out of view.
A waiter rushed to the victim’s aid and used his shirt to apply pressure to the wound, keeping him alive until the ambulance arrived.
The assailant fled the scene on a motorbike but has now been issued a restraining order and charged with causing serious bodily harm.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19