BUDDING gamers will have to opt for FIFA17 next season if they want to play as Ronaldo or Messi.
La Liga is giving its naming rights exclusively to EA Sports next season, freezing out fierce competitor PES2017.
It means no teams or player from the Spanish league will be present in the PES game.
The deal was announced in a joint statement by La Liga ambassador Fernando Morientes and EA Sports bosses at Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu stadium.
During the presentation, former Real Madrid, Liverpool and Valencia player Morientes showed that he is just as talented with a controller as he beat EA Sports marketing manager, Yeray Romera, in a FIFA17 match.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36