Frank’s Restaurant has been transformed after hosting Germany’s answer to Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares.
TV chef Frank Rosin and his team, alongside interior designers, spent four days re-training the staff and kitting out the dining area.
“It’s amazing, we are all in shock,” the restaurant’s publicist Claudia Langer, 54, told the Olive Press, “We were all in tears, even head chef Frank had a tear in his eye!”
The basic green and plastic tables and chairs received simple wooden replacements, while a new ‘chill-out’ zone and flower beds added the final touches.
Following the Kitchen Nightmare’s formula, the restaurant hosted 30 test-eaters, who ranked the restaurant out of ten across five categories of food, drink, ambience, value and service.
“Although we were quite shocked to only get 19 out of 50, the feedback was positive and we learned so much so it was really helpful,” said Claudia.
The training and makeover aimed to address the criticisms of the test eaters before they were invited to score the restaurant again on the final day of filming.
“We want to support local produce and we aim to have no Italian or French wines, only Spanish,” he said.
Star of the show Rosin said he knows the madeover eating spot will be a success.
“We have a formula that works and is very successful,” he told the Olive Press, “They are going to do just fine, and if they need any advice me and my team are just a phone call away.”
Asked what he thinks about Marbella’s food scene he said: “I love Marbella, I have been coming here since the 1980’s, but you either have very good restaurant’s or very bad, there is nothing in between.”
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23