ANDALUCIA’S international tourism has seen abundant growth over the past year, according to new figures.
A report by the National Institute of Statistics (INE) shows that 18.1% more international tourists have visited Andalucia so far this year compared to 2015, the highest increase in Spain.
This statistic comes on the heels of the Costa del Sol’s May tourism report, which boasted a robust one million tourists to the holiday mecca.
Meanwhile, the peak season projection stands at a whopping 6 million visitors although this figure could theoretically be hampered by a weak pound.
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00