THE dust has settled on the post-Brexit property panic.
In place of worry, practicality has taken over and Costa del Sol property expert Andrew Dodd is ready for normal service to resume.
“Brexit left us in shock, but things are already getting back to normal,” Andrew, sales manager at Homefinders says. “The immediate reaction was understandably to panic. We received a lot of calls from buyers and sellers who were worried about the impact of Brexit, but after a week things started going back to normal.”
He added: “The first call I received on Friday morning was from a Scottish couple who wanted to pull out of their purchase despite searching for their dream home for months.
“However, after the weekend they called back and decided that nothing is really going to change in the long run and now they are continuing with their deal.”
And it is a trend that Andrew and the team at Homefinders in La Cala de Mijas have seen emerging time and again.
After an initial slump as buyers and sellers worried about life after Brexit, the market has begun to pick up again and things are getting back to how they were before June 23.
“At the end of the day, Brits didn’t go on holiday or move to Spain because it was part of the EU,” Andrew adds.
“Brits came to Spain for the sun, the beach, the food and for the lifestyle; none of that has changed.
“If someone had their heart set on retiring to Spain, Brexit isn’t going to change that.”
In fact Dodd believes Brexit may in fact encourage British expats to fast track retirement plans in order to get the move done before Britain officially leaves the EU.
Homefinders was established in 1999 and the team has more than 40 years experience between them. For more information visit www.homefinders-network.com or call 952 493 290
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23