MAGALUF is slipping down the ranks among young Brits looking for a partying holiday.
Although still a popular choice, according to head of Party Hard Travel Nathan Cable, it is being undercut by cheaper destinations.
Cable revealed sales for Kavos and Ayia Napa are up 400% on last year while Sunny Beach in Bulgaria and Greece’s Zante are up 300%.
Malia and Ibiza remained the top choices for clubbing tourists.
Cable said: “We’re pretty much flat for Magaluf this year, whereas everywhere else has increased dramatically in holiday sales.
“Students who want a cheap holiday – which is what they would have gone to Maga for – are going elsewhere.”
It comes as Calvia Council introduced new sound limiters in Magaluf – in effect from today – that don’t allow music to go above 62 decibels, which British bar owners say will ‘kill’ live music venues.
BCM, Magaluf’s most famous and loved nightclub, was also ordered to close following building ‘irregularities’.
Meanwhile Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach is exploding in popularity as its prices are hard to beat.
“They can get 14 hours of free club time, including entry, all night free bars, a beach party and all you can drink club nights all paid off before they’ve even gone out there,” Cable explained.
“The flight might be a bit more expensive – but you pay way less when you’re actually on your holiday.”
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22