MAGALUF is slipping down the ranks among young Brits looking for a partying holiday.
Although still a popular choice, according to head of Party Hard Travel Nathan Cable, it is being undercut by cheaper destinations.
Cable revealed sales for Kavos and Ayia Napa are up 400% on last year while Sunny Beach in Bulgaria and Greece’s Zante are up 300%.
Malia and Ibiza remained the top choices for clubbing tourists.
Cable said: “We’re pretty much flat for Magaluf this year, whereas everywhere else has increased dramatically in holiday sales.
“Students who want a cheap holiday – which is what they would have gone to Maga for – are going elsewhere.”
It comes as Calvia Council introduced new sound limiters in Magaluf – in effect from today – that don’t allow music to go above 62 decibels, which British bar owners say will ‘kill’ live music venues.
BCM, Magaluf’s most famous and loved nightclub, was also ordered to close following building ‘irregularities’.
Meanwhile Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach is exploding in popularity as its prices are hard to beat.
“They can get 14 hours of free club time, including entry, all night free bars, a beach party and all you can drink club nights all paid off before they’ve even gone out there,” Cable explained.
“The flight might be a bit more expensive – but you pay way less when you’re actually on your holiday.”
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33