SPAIN’S healthcare has been ranked among the top ten in the world.
The Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQ), studied the quality of healthcare in 195 countries by measuring mortality rates from causes that should not be fatal in the presence of effective medical care.
In the study, the number of deaths from some 32 diseases and conditions were analyzed between 1990 to 2015.
Spain scored 90 out of 100, placing it 8th, and putting it above the likes of the Italy (89), France (88), Greece (87), Germany (86), the UK (85) and Portugal (85).
Andorra came first with 95, followed by Iceland on 94 and Switzerland on 92 points.
The UK and US came 30th and 35th respectively.
The study concluded that nearly all countries saw an improvement in their ratings, with the average score increasing by 40.7 points.
Spain scored the maximum points in its treatment of diptheria, tetanus and measles.
It scored the worst for treatment of Hodgkins Limphoma (64 points), Leukemia (66), gallbladder disease (74) and skin cancer (74).
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15