ISIS has released its first propaganda video in Spanish and it features a young jihadist from Andalucia.
It comes a week after terrorist attacks in Catalonia which left 15 people dead and over 100 injured.
In the video two jihadists can be heard speaking Spanish with an Arabic accent and proclaiming: “Allah willing, Al Andalus will become once again what it was, part of the caliphate.”
Al Andalus was the name given to the territory of southern and central Spain controlled for more than five centuries by the Moors.
“If you can’t make the hegira (journey or exodus) to the Islamic State, carry out jihad where you are; jihad doesn’t have borders,” says one of the men in the video whose face is uncovered and who is identified by a video title as Abu Lais Al Qurdubi, or Abu Lais ‘of Cordoba’.
Later, the jihadist adds: “Spanish Christians: don’t forget the Muslim blood spilled during the Spanish inquisition. We will take revenge for your massacre, the one you are carrying out now against the Islamic State.”
Police say the unmasked youth is 22-year-old Muhammad Yasin Ahram Pérez from Cordoba.
His father, Abdelah Ahram, 42, from Morocco, is currently in prison in Tangier for his active role in radical jihadism.
His mother Tomasa Pérez, from a Catholic family in Malaga, met Ahram in 1984.
She left Spain with her six children, including Muhammad, the oldest sibling, three years ago to go to Syria and live in territory controlled by the Islamic State.
The second jihadi in the video is believed to be Abu Salman Al Andalus (Abu Salman ‘of Andalusia).
He says in the clip: “We hope that Allah accepts the sacrifice of our brothers in Barcelona. Our war with you will continue until the world ends.”
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15