HOLLYWOOD leading ladies Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson are in Mallorca to shoot their new film, Nasty Women.
The film is a remake of the Frank Oz comedy classic, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels which starred Steve Martin and Michael Caine.
The duo play two con artists, one low-brow while the other high-class like the original, who compete to con a naive tech billionaire.
The Hollywood crew was seen filming in Cala Rajada and Portals and is expected to visit many more towns in the coming weeks.
The title of the remake is a nod to current US politics, as President Donald Trump called candidate Hillary Clinton a ‘nasty woman’ in the final presidential debate, causing Clinton defenders to wear the title like a badge of honour.
Hathaway won an Oscar in 2013 for her role as in Les Misérables, and in 2015 came to spend the summer holidays in Mallorca.
Australian comedy icon Rebel has shot to fame world wide after creating memorable characters in multiple blockbuster comedy roles including Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.
Rebel posted to her twitter a photo of her and Rafa Nadal, with the appropriate caption ‘total legend’ to her almost three million followers.
Filming is expected to continue throughout the island until the middle of November, with assistance from local production company Palma Pictures.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15