A HERO caretaker took down a man who broke into a school and threatened to slaughter the children ‘like lambs’.
Witnesses told police the 46-year-old was carrying a bottle, first thought to contain poison, and was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, meaning ‘God is Great’, in Arabic.
He caused panic after managing to get into a classroom full of three-year-olds at the school in Madrid.
But the caretaker quickly tackled him and held him with help from other staff until cops arrived.
The ugly incident happened just after 9am last Friday at state school Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba in Madrid’s popular La Latina neighbourhood.
He was arrested for breaking and entering, criminal damage and threats.
The suspect had no links to the school and locals are still shaken up by the event.
A police spokesman said: “He was shouting to Allah and threatening to harm the children.”
A source added: “He was unarmed and is believed to have been suffering from mental health problems.
“No-one was injured but it was obviously a very frightening episode for the school.”
News of the incident emerged as police in the eastern city of Valencia arrested a 47-year-old man accused of belonging to terror group ISIS.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35