A HERO caretaker took down a man who broke into a school and threatened to slaughter the children ‘like lambs’.
Witnesses told police the 46-year-old was carrying a bottle, first thought to contain poison, and was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, meaning ‘God is Great’, in Arabic.
He caused panic after managing to get into a classroom full of three-year-olds at the school in Madrid.
But the caretaker quickly tackled him and held him with help from other staff until cops arrived.
The ugly incident happened just after 9am last Friday at state school Gonzalo Fernandez de Cordoba in Madrid’s popular La Latina neighbourhood.
He was arrested for breaking and entering, criminal damage and threats.
The suspect had no links to the school and locals are still shaken up by the event.
A police spokesman said: “He was shouting to Allah and threatening to harm the children.”
A source added: “He was unarmed and is believed to have been suffering from mental health problems.
“No-one was injured but it was obviously a very frightening episode for the school.”
News of the incident emerged as police in the eastern city of Valencia arrested a 47-year-old man accused of belonging to terror group ISIS.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40