MALAGA’S Christmas lights are the highlight of the season and are probably the most instagrammed festive decoration on the coast.
This year they will switched on on Friday November 24.
The theme for this Christmas has taken a religious tone, with Calle Larios being converted into a Cathedral with two giant domes and stained glass windows.
Son et Lumiere shows take place on Calle Larios at 6.30pm and 9.30pm and three songs will form part of the show: Boney M’s Merry Christmas, Wizards in Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Christmas Festival performed by Boston Pops.
In addition to Calle Larios, some 1.7 million LED bulbs will be on display in Malaga this season.
The lights are switched on between 6.30pm and 2am every day and are turned off on January 7 next year.
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35