THOUSANDS of euros have been raised to fly the body of a British woman home after she plunged to her death on the Costa del Sol.
Loran Atkinson, from Blackburn, was partying at a hotel in Fuengirola on December 23 when she fell over her balcony to her death.
The 29-year-old was staying at an adults only four star hotel.
A Foreign Office spokesman confirmed: “We are aware of the death of a British woman in Spain and we are providing assistance to her family.”
A GoFundMe page has raised more than €5,000 to have the body flown back to the UK, more than €1,000 over the page’s target.
Friends called Loran ‘a lovely, beautiful girl’ who would ‘do anything for anyone’.
Schoolfriend Heidi Grunshaw said: “Loran was a lovely, beautiful girl who I’ve known for many years. My fondest memories are right back in primary school, singing Take That and Boyzone in the playground.”
Another friend, Gemma Louise Holden, added: “She was a very lovely, loyal and beautiful person that would do anything for anyone.
“My heart aches for all her family and friends.”
And Jordan Simone Wilson posted online: “You were just my kind of crazy. There will never be another you.”
The online appeal urged: “Anything you could donate would be gratefully and graciously received to return Loran home to rest in peace among the love of her family and friends.”
Sister Cecily wrote on Facebook: “Please help bring our beautiful girl home where she belongs, to be at peace with all those that love and care for her.”
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03