A BRITISH expat has faced a judge in Spain after allegedly trying to run over her ex husband’s new girlfriend.
Manchester-born Kemi Coaker, 29, was questioned in a court in Palma de Mallorca yesterday after allegedly mowing down 23-year-old Meghan Tattersall on Tuesday evening.
Tattersall is recovering in hospital after being struck in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Kemi, who lives near Magaluf, was picked up in Cala Vinyes half an hour after the ‘hit-and-run’ on suspicion of attempted homicide.
She has been banned from going within 500 metres of her alleged victim and has surrendered her passport, according to the Sun.
Her ex, Andrew Coaker, 39, from Reading, was not with new girlfriend Meghan when she was allegedly run over.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said: “The Gaurdia Civil has arrested a woman aged 29 as the suspected author of a crime of attempted homicide.
“Officers assisted a group of people on Tuesday in Magaluf who were around a woman they spotted lying on the ground. That woman was an injured British national.
“Witnesses said a car had run her over before speeding away from the scene. One of the witnesses said the car had mounted the pavement intent on running over the woman.
“Officers were told the vehicle was a small, white car and police patrols were alerted.
“Thirty minutes later a Civil Guard patrol searching for the vehicle in Cala Vinyes spotted a suspect car with two young women inside whose descriptions matched those of the people they were looking for.
“The two occupants were intercepted and identified. Officers discovered the hit-and-run victim is the current partner of the ex-husband of the driver of the vehicle they stopped and therefore the suspected author of the allegedly intentional hit and run.”
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15