OH dear, Brits have annoyed Spanish foodies. Again.
Just two weeks ago, Morrisons’ cheesy churros became a viral sensation for all the wrong reasons.
A flurry of Spaniards took to Twitter and slammed the Christmas treat as ‘blasphemous’ and begged the UK to ‘take Gibraltar instead’.
And now, it has happened again. This time it’s a ‘new vegan milk’ made with tiger nuts.
This new vegan milk uses African tradition and tiger nuts to create its sweet flavor pic.twitter.com/2phOkGPx6G
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) December 10, 2018
— S.L.B (@SLBtweet) December 10, 2018
Eso es horchata no me jodas pic.twitter.com/K6Q6BzLRJ6
— Rubén (@rvbenbc) December 10, 2018
Tiger mylk, created in Bristol, is made with tiger nuts, split peas, sunflower oil, calcium carbonate and sunflower lecithin.
Social media site, NowThis describes the milk as an ‘African tradition’ which is delivered to London front doors in re-usable glass bottles.
Although the video does make reference to the centuries-old Valencian drink and has additional ingredients, it hasn’t stopped Spaniards from expressing their outrage.
Atención, atención!!! Los british han descubierto la horchata. Leche vegana de "nuez de tigre", dicen. "Tubérculo africano", dicen. Si están un poco más tontos, se caen de culo. https://t.co/WXQYVumKVK
— Susana R. Miguélez (@Susaneja) December 10, 2018
Spaniards be like pic.twitter.com/Tp6Url4gM4
— Joan (@JoanJMP) December 10, 2018
“Attention, attention!!! The Brits have discovered horchata. Vegan milk with ‘tiger nuts’ they say. “African tradition” they say. Yes,” tweeted one furious Twitter user.
Meanwhile, another user slammed the milk as a ‘guiri millennial’ invention with ‘added s***’.
Milenials guiris descubren la Horchata… eso sí, no podían evitar añadir sus mierdas varias , aceite de girasol?. African tradition? mis coj-ones..
— Hurricane? ? (@nervionhurrican) December 10, 2018
Valencia is not Africa.
— José P. Salmeron (@JPSalmeronL) December 10, 2018
"NEW VEGAN MILK"? "Tygermilk"???? BRO, THAT'S HORCHATA, VALENCIA'S TRADEMARK BEVERAGE.
We got some beef with what you're doing to Spanish food, UK. https://t.co/1O4dibLR20
— SandraMJ (@SandraMJdev) December 10, 2018
la HORCHATA SE RESPETA pic.twitter.com/kinZhy8LGm
— Xesco Garí (@XescoGari) December 10, 2018
- Alleged hitman cuffed after failed mafia hit on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11