OH dear, Brits have annoyed Spanish foodies. Again.
Just two weeks ago, Morrisons’ cheesy churros became a viral sensation for all the wrong reasons.
A flurry of Spaniards took to Twitter and slammed the Christmas treat as ‘blasphemous’ and begged the UK to ‘take Gibraltar instead’.
And now, it has happened again. This time it’s a ‘new vegan milk’ made with tiger nuts.
This new vegan milk uses African tradition and tiger nuts to create its sweet flavor pic.twitter.com/2phOkGPx6G
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) December 10, 2018
— S.L.B (@SLBtweet) December 10, 2018
Eso es horchata no me jodas pic.twitter.com/K6Q6BzLRJ6
— Rubén (@rvbenbc) December 10, 2018
Tiger mylk, created in Bristol, is made with tiger nuts, split peas, sunflower oil, calcium carbonate and sunflower lecithin.
Social media site, NowThis describes the milk as an ‘African tradition’ which is delivered to London front doors in re-usable glass bottles.
Although the video does make reference to the centuries-old Valencian drink and has additional ingredients, it hasn’t stopped Spaniards from expressing their outrage.
Atención, atención!!! Los british han descubierto la horchata. Leche vegana de "nuez de tigre", dicen. "Tubérculo africano", dicen. Si están un poco más tontos, se caen de culo. https://t.co/WXQYVumKVK
— Susana R. Miguélez (@Susaneja) December 10, 2018
Spaniards be like pic.twitter.com/Tp6Url4gM4
— Joan (@JoanJMP) December 10, 2018
“Attention, attention!!! The Brits have discovered horchata. Vegan milk with ‘tiger nuts’ they say. “African tradition” they say. Yes,” tweeted one furious Twitter user.
Meanwhile, another user slammed the milk as a ‘guiri millennial’ invention with ‘added s***’.
Milenials guiris descubren la Horchata… eso sí, no podían evitar añadir sus mierdas varias , aceite de girasol?. African tradition? mis coj-ones..
— Hurricane? ? (@nervionhurrican) December 10, 2018
Valencia is not Africa.
— José P. Salmeron (@JPSalmeronL) December 10, 2018
"NEW VEGAN MILK"? "Tygermilk"???? BRO, THAT'S HORCHATA, VALENCIA'S TRADEMARK BEVERAGE.
We got some beef with what you're doing to Spanish food, UK. https://t.co/1O4dibLR20
— SandraMJ (@SandraMJdev) December 10, 2018
la HORCHATA SE RESPETA pic.twitter.com/kinZhy8LGm
— Xesco Garí (@XescoGari) December 10, 2018
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03