A VICIOUS three-year-dispute over faulty jewellery ended in tragedy after a man was killed in front of his wife and one-year-old son.
Angel Luis Rueda, 26, died after receiving a knife wound to the chest in the Zaidín area of Granada. Eye witnesses claim they saw Angel fall to the ground following an argument with the owner of a jewellery shop and his son on the afternoon of December 5.
Relatives of the dead man claim the dispute was over a broken fastener on a pair of gold “ear-rings” Angel had bought at the jewellery shop on Calle Navarra in 2003. The jeweller allegedly refused to repair the default.
A 44-year-old man and his 25-year-old son have been arrested in connection with the death.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00