POLICE are to question British murderer Tony King in relation to the disappearance of a Motril girl six years ago.
Murder detectives from the Policía Nacional have asked the public prosecutor’s office for permission to interview King at Albolote prison, where he is serving 55 years for the murders of Sonia Carabantes and Rocio Wanninkhof.
The parents of María Teresa Fernández, who has not been seen since August 18, 2000, recently gave judges investigating their daughter’s disappearance a letter allegedly written by King to his former partner Cecilia Pantoja. In it, King wrote he had to pay [former time share business partner and suspect in María Teresa’s disappearance] Robert Graham “for what he had done to the Motril girl.”
King has already told judges he believes the girl was killed by Graham, who is now believed to be living in either Turkey or Thailand.
King, dubbed the Holloway Strangler by the UK press for his string of violent sex attacks in that country, was convicted by a Málaga court late last year for the 1999 murder of Rocio Wanninkhof, 19.
He had earlier been sentenced to 36 years behind bars for the murder of 17-year-old Sonia Carabantes in Coín in 2003.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00