THINKING of snipping your advertising budget?
Think again. A series of six studies conducted by analysts Meldrum & Fewsmith showed conclusively that advertising aggressively during recessions not only increases sales but increases profits.
This fact has held true for all post-World War II recessions, and as one major business-to-business advertiser summed up: “When times are good, you should advertise. When times are bad, you must advertise.”
And here is the chart to prove it.
Undertaken by global financial advisors McGraw Hill it shows how advertising during recession is good for business in the long run:
COMPARISON OF SALES AND AD REVENUES
The study undertaken during the 1981-82 recession showed that 600 companies covering 16 different industries had better sales growth if they advertised.
Tracked from before the recession in 1980 through to 1985 when things picked up, the results showed that firms that maintained or increased their advertising expenditures during the 1981-1982 recession averaged significantly higher sales growth. This was both during the recession and for the following three years.
Indeed, by 1985, sales of companies that were aggressive recession advertisers had risen 256 per cent over those that didn’t keep up their advertising.
You’ve been warned.
Email [email protected] or call 951 16 60 60
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00