A FURIOUS Spanish politician has rejected an apology after the FBI used his “hair and forehead” to create a present-day image of Osama Bin Laden.
Former Izquierda Unida leader, Gaspar Llamazares was enraged after the agency’s “cutting edge” technology merely involved using a photo of him found on Google.
“I want a thorough investigation into this disgraceful case.”
And he has now refused the US ambassador’s attempt to defuse the tense political situation.
“Apologies are not enough,” blasted Llamazares.
“I want a thorough investigation into this disgraceful case, which not only causes concern but also worry and indignation over the behaviour of the FBI.”
“If this is how security against terrorism is guaranteed, whose hands are we in?”
Llamazares added that he was concerned what the repercussions would have been if the face of a general member of public had been used instead.
“Most likely an unknown citizen on stepping into an airport would have received a good fright, if not something worse.”
The FBI previously revealed that a technician inexplicably used a photo of Llamazares found on Google to help produce the Bin Laden mug shot.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27