A POPULAR bar has come under attack from a bitter rival – just a stone’s throw away.
Bar Allioli, in Estacion Jimera de Libar, near Ronda, was on the receiving end of an angry onslaught from neighbouring kiosk owner, Maria del Carmen.
Flower pots were smashed and outdoor seating was thrown on the nearby railway line by del Carmen during the frenzied assault.
Now, owner Paul Darwent, 54, has filed an official police denuncia after claiming to have endured two years of infractions.
Darwent, from Sheffield, explained: “When I came to open the bar in the morning I was confronted by tables and chairs thrown all over the street.
“All the plant pots were smashed, the place was a wreck.”
“The week before del Carmen threatened to burn my bar down, but I have had to put up with similar threats for the past two years.”
Darwent – who moved to Spain eleven years ago – explained that del Carmen’s young son watched on in tears as his mother carried out the attack.
“The little boy was stood there crying, he just had no idea why she was doing this,” said the father-of-two.
Darwent also claimed that del Carmen sells alcohol and cigarettes without permission to customers.
He added: “The whole operation is illegal. I have previously denounced the kiosk for selling cigarettes.”
However, del Carmen insisted the alleged bar attack was nothing more than “a silly incident”.
She explained: “He (Paul) knows more than me, it was nothing really.”
She also insisted that she had the necessary licenses for selling beer and cigarettes and that it was “a little problem that has now passed”.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00