THE case investigating a calamitous prank which left a youth critically ill after an air pump was inserted into his backside has been closed.
Jaen prosecutors concluded that it was an accident after talking to Francisco Javier’s scheming friends.
Last December, the group slotted the pump into the 16-year-old’s rear while they were at a friend’s workshop garage in the Valdepenas area of the Sierra Sur.
“They say they were playing, but this was more than just an innocent joke.”
The teenager was left fighting for his life following the short, sharp blast of air.
Javier spent two months recovering in hospital following the removal of his spleen as well as a section of his intestines.
At the time, Javier’s father explained: “They say they were playing, but this was more than just an innocent joke.”
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27