THE case investigating a calamitous prank which left a youth critically ill after an air pump was inserted into his backside has been closed.
Jaen prosecutors concluded that it was an accident after talking to Francisco Javier’s scheming friends.
Last December, the group slotted the pump into the 16-year-old’s rear while they were at a friend’s workshop garage in the Valdepenas area of the Sierra Sur.
“They say they were playing, but this was more than just an innocent joke.”
The teenager was left fighting for his life following the short, sharp blast of air.
Javier spent two months recovering in hospital following the removal of his spleen as well as a section of his intestines.
At the time, Javier’s father explained: “They say they were playing, but this was more than just an innocent joke.”
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00