IT IS the news we have all been waiting for – life really is better here in Spain.
Nine out of ten expats say their quality of life has improved since leaving Britain and they now have a better work-life balance.
What’s more, while salaries failed to rise in Britain last year, workers in Spain have reported annual increases of 14 per cent for the past three years.
The Quality of Life report said: “When it comes to living and working overseas the advantages come thick and fast.
“Working hours are far less intensive and expats say they manage to achieve a better work-life balance with much more leisure time.”
“It’s gone completely mad, we had to hire extra staff to cover the increased demand.”
It came after latest figures from the National Statistics Institute revealed that the British resident population in Spain grew by 11,500 in 2009.
Furthermore, official government figures confirmed that Spain registered a 19 per cent rise in the number of homes sold compared to this time last year.
Estate agent Sharon Cossons, from Ideal Country Property in Alhaurin El Grande said: “It’s gone completely mad, we had to hire extra staff to cover the increased demand.”
The survey undertaken by Natwest underlined the reasons why emigration among Britons has reached record highs.
Contrary to reports that the recession is driving Brits home, seven per cent fewer expatriates are planning to return to the UK then two years ago.
On average, pay for managers and professionals who choose to work abroad is up to 23,000 euros higher than compared to Britain.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00