THE mother of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick has slammed a national TV interview which questioned her daughter’s lifestyle.
Despite admitting her daughter was not “an angel” Audrey Fitzpatrick insisted she “didn’t drink or take drugs”.
Private investigator Liam Brady and Amy’s auntie Christine Kenny appeared on The Morning Show in Ireland.
And Brady vented his fears over the teenager’s lifestyle and told of the warning letter sent by a concerned neighbour which was ignored by officials.
“Amy’s life was pretty horrendous,” said Brady. “If this letter of concern had been acted on, Amy would still be here.”
Brady also criticised the Spanish authorities for “not interrogating people properly” and not interviewing crucial suspects.
However, mother Audrey defended her daughter’s lifestyle and also rounded on Brady.
“They are trying to insinuate things about Amy by talking about drugs and blackening her image,” she explained.
“Liam Brady has had nothing to do with us from day one, I have always said I welcome his help but he has never come to Spain.”
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00