By Nicola Cowell
HUNDREDS of Brits are stranded in Spain after holiday firm Sun4U collapsed yesterday.
The holiday company, which specialises in trips to the Spanish coast and Majorca, announced on their website at 9pm that they had ceased to trade.
It is not clear at this stage how 1200 Brits who are currently on holiday will get back to the UK.
Travel organisation Abta said those who had booked Atol (Air Travel Operators’ Licensing) package tours should be able to continue with their holidays as planned.
A spokesman said: “There are approximately 1,200 people away at the moment and most of them are in Spain.”
It is thought that the Birmingham-based company had struggled to recover losses brought about by the Icelandic ash cloud earlier in the year.
Holidaymakers with the firm have been advised to call the Civil Aviation Authority or claim handlers CEGA on 01243 621 500.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27