SPANISH heart-throb Antonio Banderas will be happy to hear the Marbella Town Hall has decided to rescue his garden.
The mask of Zorro star and his Hollywood wife Melanie Griffith were last year ordered to hand over a strip of garden to allow public access to the beach as part of a crackdown on ‘illegal’ properties.
But now an amendment to the five month old PGOU urban plan is being made specifically for the famous couple to save them handing over part of their beachfront home, ‘La Gaviota’, at Los Monteros.
The modification means that now a smaller green zone will be created and Banderas and Griffith will get to keep their sea view.
The pair will still be forced to give up part of their land but the section of garden has been changed to benefit all parties.
Town Planning Councillor, Pablo Moro, said: “It’s about changing the picture of the green zone, taking less soil from the front and more from the channel and the river mouth.”
And he added the town would also benefit, as the green zone and the public walkway could be established more quickly.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00