FAMOUS singer Pasion Vega has picked Nerja as her favourite view in Spain.
The flamenco star known for hits such as ‘Maria Se Bebe Las Calles’, returned to her home town to show the rest of Spain how “spectacular” the cliffs and beaches of Maro are.
Standing on the tower of Maro she said: “This is without doubt one of the most beautiful sites on the coast of Malaga.”
And thanks to thousands of voters her choice has made it to the final of the TV program ‘Your Favourite View’, aired on channel Cuatro.
To help secure a place in the final, Nerja Town Hall made a phone available so residents could vote.
And on the night Nerja beat Tenerife, presented by the dancer and choreographer Rafael Mendez, Roncesvalles, sponsored by singer and songwriter Serafin Zubiri, and Ribera del Guadiana nominated by Jose Calderon, NBA player.
The series, which reveals the most spectacular scenery in Spain, will run for 10 programs with celebrities revealing their favourite views and why they are important to them.
Viewers are then given a chance to vote for their favourite view each episode.
So far, other finalists in the program, based on the ITV show ‘Britain’s favourite view’, include the island of San Juan de Gaztelutxe, chosen by footballer Aitor, San Vicente de la Barquera, hometown of David Bustamante and Gran Canaria, chosen by Raquel del Rosario, vocalist for El sueño de Morfeo.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00