FAMOUS singer Pasion Vega has picked Nerja as her favourite view in Spain.
The flamenco star known for hits such as ‘Maria Se Bebe Las Calles’, returned to her home town to show the rest of Spain how “spectacular” the cliffs and beaches of Maro are.
Standing on the tower of Maro she said: “This is without doubt one of the most beautiful sites on the coast of Malaga.”
And thanks to thousands of voters her choice has made it to the final of the TV program ‘Your Favourite View’, aired on channel Cuatro.
To help secure a place in the final, Nerja Town Hall made a phone available so residents could vote.
And on the night Nerja beat Tenerife, presented by the dancer and choreographer Rafael Mendez, Roncesvalles, sponsored by singer and songwriter Serafin Zubiri, and Ribera del Guadiana nominated by Jose Calderon, NBA player.
The series, which reveals the most spectacular scenery in Spain, will run for 10 programs with celebrities revealing their favourite views and why they are important to them.
Viewers are then given a chance to vote for their favourite view each episode.
So far, other finalists in the program, based on the ITV show ‘Britain’s favourite view’, include the island of San Juan de Gaztelutxe, chosen by footballer Aitor, San Vicente de la Barquera, hometown of David Bustamante and Gran Canaria, chosen by Raquel del Rosario, vocalist for El sueño de Morfeo.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00