A TOTAL of 225 illegal homes built in Marbella under the GIL party have been legalised.
And Marbella Town Hall expects a further 1000 homes to be regularized before the end of the year under the new General Urban Development Plan (PGOU).
The announcement, made yesterday, revealed the first urbanisations concerned are Santa María Green Hills, in Las Chapas, and El Palmeral in Nueva Andalucía.
And in return for their new legal status the promoters of the developments must pay 1.3 million euros in compensation.
In the first case, the developer, Vista Golf Marbella SL, must pay more than half a million euros and carry out improvements to the road which runs in front of the urbanisation.
And the developer of El Palmeral, Vasand Investment, must cede 3,000 square meters of land to be used for social housing and another area of over 3,500 square meters to be transformed into a park, in addition to monetary compensation.
According to the Town Planning Officer, Pablo Moro (PP), this is “a key milestone in the standardization process.”
He added: “It opens a long-awaited new scenario that will benefit both those who bought in good faith and the general public.”
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00