A GROUP of journalists were attacked by hunters as the annual fox hunting championship in Galicia turned violent.
At least two protesters were also attacked as over 120 hunt saboteurs descended on this year’s festival in Pontecaldelas.
The annual championship, which is supported by the Galician government, has been going for seven years.
“The protest is not violent, the idea is to go up into the mountains and stand between the hunters and animals,” said a spokesman for the hunt saboteurs.
“We didn’t expect to get attacked ourselves.”
But this year’s demonstration proved less than peaceful, with two volunteers and several journalists attacked by the hunters.
Much of the attack was caught on camera.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46