AMY Winehouse is to make a huge multi-million euro comeback in Spain this summer.
The troubled singer – who has been in and out of rehab over the last few years – is to headline Bilbao’s BBK festival in July.
The singer, 27, who has just made five million euros performing five concerts in Brazil, will be joined by Coldplay and the Chemical Brothers.
Meanwhile across the country at Benicassim, the Arctic Monkeys, Mumford and Sons, Portishead, Primal Scream and The Streets have confirmed their attendence.
The BBK festival, now in its sixth year, has long attacted the big names, with Paul Weller and the Manic Street Preachers appearing last year.
The Chemical Brothers, regulars on the Spanish festival scene, will be presenting their new album, Further, on July 9.
Coldplay are also fans of Spain. In particular, Chris Martin, who’s wife Gwyneth Paltrow visits the country at least once a year.
The actress, who speaks almost perfect Spanish, usually visits Extremadura in the summer.
She first spent a month living with a family in Talavera de la Reina when she was 15 and was once quoted saying: “It really changed my life.”
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45