KATE Middleton has designed her own wedding dress with a little help from Spain.
It has emerged that the Royal bride-to-be has been working on her gown with fashion designer Sophie Cranston, who has a studio near Tarifa.
While spending most of her time in London, Cranston is heavily influenced by Spain – her label Libelula, means ‘dragonfly’ in Spanish.
The designer, 34, who lived in Spain for many years, had a studio in the tiny village of Facinas, surrounded by hundreds of wind turbines.
She told the Olive Press in 2008 that she was ‘heavily inspired’ by the rugged Costa de la Luz.
“I love the area and it is sad to have to go back and live in England,” she said.
Clearly it has had its advantages though.
The Royal bride, 29, who marries Prince William next week, was seen wearing one of her ‘vintage coats’ at a wedding in January.
And now she has the commision of a lifetime.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46