ONE of the best loved pubs on the coast has been brought back to life.
The Robin Hood Inn, in Benamara, has undergone a complete refurbishment to be ready for the summer season 2011.
In keeping with the finest traditions of the proper British Pub, the Robin Hood has a great selection of draught beers as well as four real ‘craft’ ales including Montrose Porter and Aggie’s Light Ale.
There is also an emphasis on simple, solid English cooking and a warm, homely welcome.
With its beautiful oak paneling, dark flagstone floors, wooden settles and ticking grandfather clock, the Robin Hood has a timeless feel about it.
Renovated by friends, marketing guru, Dave Hattersley and builder, Tony Young, it is the antithesis of fancy food, while steering well clear of tacky English-style bars.
“We don’t want people thinking they are in a poncey restaurant,” explains Tony, who built the popular La Sala restaurant in nearby Puerto Banus and has lived on the coast since 1989. “This is an old fashioned English pub with quality ales and classic dishes.”
This is immediately clear with a menu that includes spatchcock chicken, pie and mash and salt beef hash with fried egg and Worcester sauce. You’ll find pickled eggs and homemade pork scratchings behind the bar.
There is a big pub garden and there will be a BBQ and Hog Roast and there will be a side room, showing all the big sports events.
“It will be the ideal place for a quiet pint, an intimate dinner or a business lunch,” explains Dave, who ran a successful marketing company in London before relocating to Spain.
“The Robin Hood is a real pub – a place to enjoy a pint and good pub food. In fact I’m sure it will quickly become the finest inn on the coast!”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46