AN Irishman wanted for the murder of expat Dan Smith is set to appear in court next week.
Eric ‘Lucky’ Wilson, 27, allegedly shot Smith up to 11 times at point blank range outside the Lounge Bar, in Riviera in June 2010.
His trial is now set to get underway in Malaga Provincial Court on July 11.
The prosecutor is calling for an 18 year prison sentence for Wilson and wants the Irishmen to pay 45,793 euros in compensation.
It comes after Smith, 24, stepped in to defend his friend Georgia who had been groped by Wilson.
A fight broke out and Wilson allegedly left the bar, returning 30 minutes later with a gun.
He was arrested at his farm in Coin, less than 48 hours after the attack, and a search of the house found explosives, grenades and fake passports.
The victim’s mother Karen Wetherell is also bringing a separate private prosecution.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46