I WAS over the moon to be invited to the Costa Press Club’s Open Evening last week “for all media communicators on the Costa del Sol”.
Now, I’ve written my own blog for a few years now, and even been known to broadcast posts on a local English language radio station, but I had never dreamed that I was qualified to be invited to attend such a prestigious event. But, I am studying for a journalism qualification in my spare time (real estate market isn’t all-encompassing at the moment!) so the opportunity to meet up with some fully fledged journalists was perfectly timed.
There were a few anguished moments and discussions over what to wear (dress code: cocktail or smart casual = eeek!) but eventually I arrived at the beautiful Don Carlos Hotel, very over excited and just a little bit nervous.
Thankfully my Olive Press friends were right there at the entrance to help break the ice and I soon realised that I knew more of the participants than expected! It was fantastic to catch up with some familiar faces, one or two who I hadn’t seen for nearly eight years! I also made some fascinating new contacts from consulates, marketing companies and magazines, as well as a novelist and a paralegal.
As you can see in the Olive Press’ coverage of the event, over 100 participants listened to a presentation by Jesper Sander Pedersen, club president, who outlined plans to celebrate the club’s tenth year and encouraged new membership applications.
So, I’d better get on with filling out my application. Hope they haven’t changed their minds now they’ve met me!
The Costa Press Club is open to all professional communicators; it delivers a forum where like-minded media professionals can exchange ideas, engage in informed discussion, seek advice, and make local, national and international media connections. To find out more, visit www.costapressclub.com
- Cake eaters required! - 21 Mar, 2013 @ 08:06
- Costa Women Marbella bound - 30 Jun, 2012 @ 09:34
- Estepona’s new have-a-go hero - 7 Jun, 2012 @ 19:41
- Do you know the way through San Pedro? - 2 Jun, 2012 @ 20:40
- Amateur Traumatics - 9 Apr, 2012 @ 09:35
- Coffee shop-aholic - 19 Mar, 2012 @ 00:04
- Zoo de Castellar – not your average zoo! - 16 Mar, 2012 @ 11:23
- A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self - 28 Feb, 2012 @ 09:40
- No rush for resolutions - 4 Jan, 2012 @ 22:18
- Charity on the Costa - 18 Dec, 2011 @ 10:58