By James Bryce
THE organiser of a Spanish film festival has expressed his anger after lesbian scenes in Eva Longoria’s latest film Without Men were censored.
Barcelona International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival being scrapped.
“We are very angry that a distributor can modify the content of a film. The audience will not understand it, because all the lesbian scenes are cut out… It is unbelievable in the year 2011.”
The film – which also stars Christian Slater – tells the story of a Latin American village’s efforts to regroup after its men are forced to join communist guerilla fighters.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10