EXPATS from around the world have cooked up a mouth-watering collection of stories to raise money for charity.
‘Foreign Flavours,’ brings together short stories, recipes and articles on the theme of food as experienced by expats.
“It is sure to appeal to expats, whether they have taken to the cuisine of their adopted country like ducks to water or whether they’ve had to struggle with it,” explained one of the contributors, Robin Graham, 40, who lives in Tarifa.
“We are sometimes seduced, and sometimes appalled, by the unfamiliar – especially when we find it on our plates!”
“My advice is just to be brave and eat it. If you don’t like the look of it close your eyes. It is not going to be poisonous if people here have eaten it all their lives,” added the Dublin-born writer.
The book, which includes a preface by acclaimed author and expat Alexander McCall Smith, will raise money for The Book Bus, a charity which aims to bring literacy and the joy of reading to children in the developing world.
“It is a worthy cause, something that is close to the hearts of many writers,” concluded Graham.
For more information click here
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10