AS we approach possibly the toughest Christmas in recent history, it is all the more shocking that Spaniards are said to be among the highest spenders on childrens’ presents in Europe.
But then, what example are they being set when cities are still defiantly spending so much money on their Christmas lights and the country’s very own culture secretary sees no issue in staying in a 1000-euro-a-night hotel in Moscow to watch the ballet?
Here at the Olive Press, we believe in sustainability and being careful with money.
It is why we are championing the homeless issue and promoting a local, organic Christmas, hoping that people will stay and shop locally and get out and enjoy their countryside.
If you really must go somewhere, how about the Sierra Nevada? You are guaranteed to see snow and it is only an hour or two to get there.
Otherwise pull up a chair, crack open a bottle of something special, and spend a couple of hours enjoying your favourite newspaper website.
Merry Christmas from all the Olive Press team!
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33