A BRITISH holidaymaker has died after a hang gliding accident in Andalucia.
James Berryman, 59, from Guernsey, was training to be a hang glider pilot near Teba when he suffered severe head injuries after falling 150m onto a hill side on Wednesday afternoon.
He was rushed to the Carlos Haya Hospital in Malaga by helicopter but died on Friday of his injuries.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office in London said consular assistance had been provided for his relatives.
It is understood his close family were in Spain at the time but have now returned to the UK.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46