SITTING at the eastern extreme of Estepona is something of a Little Britain.
A long stretch of shops and restaurants strung along the side of the AP-7, Diana Commercial Centre and next door Benavista, offer something of a home-from-home for expats.
The parade includes an English butcher, an Irish pub, golf shops and furniture emporiums, as well as a string of excellent restaurants.
One of the longest running businesses Big Blue Box was set up four years ago and sells everything from antiques to new and nearly new furniture.
“You can furnish your house here for half the price,” says Debbie Glynn, who has lived in Estepona for 12 years.
“We have 2,000 square metres here so there is plenty to see.
“We have just liquidated a furniture shop up the coast and have five containers of brand new tables, chairs and sofas just in.”
Another incredibly popular place for British expats is the Benavista Bowls Club.
“People relax when they come in the bar because they can sit and have a drink while the kids are enjoying themselves in the play area,” explained Jez Bloom, manager of the adjoining Los Arcos bar.
The standout option among a range of eateries is JJ’s Restaurant, which offers excellent value from its fantastic lunch and dinner menus.
“I love waking up to blue skies and palm trees, it’s a nice relaxed lifestyle,” enthused owner Julian Kerr.
Peter Williams, owner of Golf City, added: “The area is not too over-populated and there is lots of open space to enjoy.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02